Kingston Arms Renaissance Side Sword
The Side Sword was a military sword of the 16th and 17th century Renaissance period that also achieved popularity among civilians, due to its relatively light weight and quickness. It also had an advantage over its contemporary, the rapier, in having the ability to cut efficiently as well as thrust. Based on an original German sword of this type, this sword is well balanced an feels exceptional in the hand. The “swept” hilt affords excellent hand protection and the blade geometry makes for outstanding performance in both the cut and the thrust.
- Forged High Carbon Steel Blade
- Based on an Original German Side Sword
- Leather Covered Scabbard Included
- 41" Overall
- 33" 5160 High Carbon Steel Blade
- Matte Finished Guard and Pommel
- Based on a German Side Sword
- POB 3.5"
- Distal Taper from 5.5mm to 2.5mm
- 3.80 LBS